Historical reference

The higher educational institution was founded according to the Decree of the Council of Ministers of the USSR of August 5, 1958 and Decree of the Council of Ministers of the KazSSR of August 30, 1958 "About the Establishing of Ust-Kamenogorsk Civil and Highway Engineering Institute" since September 01, 1958. The HEI was reorganized into East Kazakhstan Technical University according to the Government Degree of May 7, 1996. Upon the motion of the university it got the name of Daulet Mirkassimovich Serikbayev, the first Rector of Ust-Kamenogorsk Civil and Highway Engineering Institute, according to the RK Government Decree of November 03, 1997.

January 31, 2001 D. Serikbayev East Kazakhstan Technical University was renamed Republican State Government Enterprise "D. Serikbayev East Kazakhstan State Technical University" (EKSTU) to the Decree of RK Government No.163.

In 2012 Republican State Government Enterprise "D. Serikbayev East Kazakhstan State Technical University" was reformed in Republican State Enterprise on the right of business "D. Serikbayev East Kazakhstan State Technical University".