Department of Social and Civil Development carries out activities on the basis of the Conception of civil and social development of the D. Serikbayev East Kazakhstan State Technical University. The following documents provide the basis:
“Strategy Kazakhstan-2050”: new political course of the established state”, Plan of the nation - 100 concrete steps, National Unity Doctrine of Kazakhstan, “Rouhani Zhangyru” Program, Five Social Initiatives of the President, Concept of the State Youth Police of the Republic of Kazakhstan “Kazakhstan 2020:The way to the future”, Concept of strengthening and developing Kazakh Identity and Unity 2015-2025, State Program for the Development of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan for 2016-2019, Addresses of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan. , Course towards the future: modernization of Kazakhstan’s identity.
The main goal of the Department of Social and civil development is to create conditions for formation of a competitive, pragmatic, creative, patriotic and proactive personality who can easily adapt to new conditions.
To fulfill the goal the Department carries out its activities together with structural divisions, public organizations and student self-government bodies of the University in the following areas:
- development of an active citizenship, creation of conditions to develop Kazakhstani identity of young people and social responsibility;
- formation of a healthy lifestyle and prevention antisocial behaviour;
- standing up for students social rights in and out of study process;
The objectives are:
- to create regulatory and procedural documents to effective functioning of the divisions of the Department;
- to plan social and educational activities according to the current trends of the socio-political and socio-economic development of Kazakhstan
- to consult student government, student union organization at all levels (academic group, course, faculty, university) by means of mentorship
- to share social science knowledge to foster legal and political culture;
- to implement campaigns against drug addiction, alcoholism, smoking among young people to transform the social space of the university into a free smoking space;
- to support various forms of students organizations and activities: social movements, Clubs, etc.
- to assist in organizing student creative events;
- to implement modern innovative technologies into social and educational process;
- to protect students rights;
- to supervise issues of students social protection, as well financial support to students from low-income families left without parental care, etc .;
- to ensure participation of students innational, regional and international projects and events.